Saturday, May 15, 2010

Let's get it started.

"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

Luke 19:40


Welcome to my new blog! I don't know how many people will actually read this. I don't know if anyone will. In spite of that, I know it's important that I write this down. By "this" I mean the journey that I've been taking in my life. I haven't done anything spectacular. I haven't achieved anything worth an Oscar or Nobel Peace Prize. But what has happened to me recently is something that I wish everyone could experience and I hope that by chronicling recent events (and hopefully even more to come in the future) I can share this gift with others to help them experience it as well.

First, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 24 years old and I've been married to my husband Patrick for almost 2 years. I have grown up and lived in Florida all my life and I intend to stay here forever. Anywhere north of the Florida/Georgia line is just too cold for me J I went to The Florida State University for undergrad and recently graduated with my J.D. from Stetson University College of Law.

Not only did I grow up in Florida, but I also grew up in the church, attending private school until 11th grade and always attending church with my family. Despite that long background in the church, it has only been recently that God has really revealed himself to me in a way that I will attempt to describe through this blog. I don't know why I am just experiencing this now … I think it's because this is the first time in my life that I let him in.

And that's why I'm writing this blog. When I look back on the past 4 or 5 years of my life I see the way that, as I became more and more open to God, he began to order my steps on a path that is far more awesome (or, awesomer?) than I could have ever wanted for myself. The manner in which my life has unfolded is nothing short of supernatural because there is just no way that I would be where I am if someone had not been orchestrating all of the "coincidences" for me starting years before I even asked him to.

So that's it. I'm writing this blog because I want to share with others the journey that I have been on that has led me to this amazing life I lead. A journey that became increasingly more successful as I opened my heart and mind up to allow God to come in and do his thing. I'm writing it all down because once I experienced God's presence in my life in such an amazingly real way, I knew I had to share it. If only one person ever reads this and uses it in some way to come closer to that real breath-of-life, day-to-day, BFF relationship with God, well then it's worth the effort for me.


Coming up: Why I consider myself an overachiever and why we, as a people, have special challenges when it comes to accepting God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment