Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Book of Remembrance, Take 1.

Ok, I know I need to come up with a better name. I'll think about it during my work out (I always come up with the best ideas when I'm working my butt off!). I decided to do this after the hubby and I skipped church on Sunday. It was partly due to the fact that Pastor Jeremy was out of town (we. love. him.) and partly because by 10:15 (church starts at 10:30) I still had wet hair and no makeup. Lucky for us, God is not the kind of God who keeps count and I'm confident that he still loves me even though I haven't been to church in two weeks. (GASP!) We missed church. But I still wanted to learn something. So we pulled up Joyce Meyer's website, clicked on a video, and watched while drinking coffee in our PJs. I learned that we should never stop being in awe of God. He does amazing things every single day. We just don't always notice! So what Joyce does, and what I'm going to start doing, it keep a list of the awesome things, be they big or small, that he does in my life.

Take one:

I got a B. In any other semester, that would be bad news. But this time, when all I wanted to do is pass and get on my merry way, a B is AMAZING. Especially considering the fact that I came out of the exam completely prepared to have failed and have to take a class over the summer to get my degree. (This is not an exaggeration - my mom can vouch for that!) Grades for the class came in yesterday. God gave me a B. I say that he gave it to me because, had I been left to my own devices on this State Constitutional Law turned meaningless trivia on Florida history exam, I would not have gotten a B. Yay God!

No comments:

Post a Comment